Prime Minister Meles Zenawi Legacy
Meles saw his legacy as continuous with the accomplishments of the EPRDF. Meles once said; "I cannot separate my achievements from what can be considered as the achievements of the ruling party". "Whatever achievement there might have been, it does not exist independent of that party."
Under Meles's premiership, Ethiopia was widely praised for its economic progress which produced steady economic growth in the last decade. Many Ethiopians lifted out of poverty; education improved and women gained greater rights. He presided over the introduction of the private press in Ethiopia, and his government introduced a new Federal Constitution, based on the Nations, Nationalities and People's of Ethiopia, and a multi-party political system.
PM Meles Zenawi's Speeches
- Green Environment
- Environment: Challenges for Africa, the Role of Japan
- Rural Development Policy
- Capacity Building-Policy
- Foreign-Amharic Policy
- Industrial Development Policy
- Poverty Reduction
- Pime Minister's Dissertation Over view
- Prime Minister Meles Zenawi at Columbia University's World Leaders Forum - The Current Global Environment and its Impact in Africa
- Pime Minister Meles Zenawi addressing the United Nations
- Interview with Prime Minister Meles Zenawi
- Azeb Mesfin speech at Her Hasband (Prime Minister Meles Zenawi) Funeral Service